The Production Engineer is responsible for identifying and eliminating daily losses, identifying & driving projects to improve productivity, reducing daily variability and increasing predictability of results and productivity, while building capability through supporting, coaching and engaging the shift teams. This role is based in our packing area which covers a range of packing technologies providing opportunity for development of skills. There is support available to help with progress towards chartered engineer status.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Engages with the shift teams to identify, analyse, understand and eliminate daily losses including energy, yield, quality and safety losses.
- Utilises the company global continuous improvement platform standards to drive the elimination of losses and 100% associate engagement. This incorporates engaging all associates in key activities, finding and fixing defects, and creating, improving, and implementing standards for locking in improvements.
- Owning engineering projects to improve safety, quality and area productivity. This involves scoping, design, through to commissioning.
- Ownership of downtime analysis systems to identify our top losses and drive continuous improvement in their respective area.
- Dealing with reactive issues as they arise.
- Supporting project engineers on delivery of larger scale capital investment engineering projects.
Safety Health and Environment:
- Reviews Safety performance as part of daily operations meeting structure, providing day to day solutions, and roll out of best practices.
- Understands relevant technical requirements in Safety Health and Environment and can apply literature review and networking skills to grow understanding where required for specific projects.
- Considers all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, reduction of energy consumption and increased use of renewable energy across plants as applicable for daily work and projects.
- Leads and role models company continuous improvement platform driving roll out and further development with hands on approach
- Drives zero losses, defects and 100% engagement culture by leveraging continuous improvement approach
- Finding the correct resources to build competency in the shift team and ensures appropriate training is applied for new/improved processes when rolled out
- Audits consistency of competency and processes in the teams
- Takes an active role in owning actions for and sharing of project status at weekly operations meeting reviews, challenging the status quo to ensure focus remains on tackling our top losses
Delivery & Cost:
- Collaborates with key areas to understand the Compelling Business Need - CBN contribution that will improve immediate daily business performance
- Defines the most impactful projects on CBN which needs to be implemented
- Source the appropriate support and route forward to lock improvements in place
- Has daily engagement with shift teams to identify the opportunities by applying company continuous improvement platform tools, such as Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen, Defect tagging
- Responsible for reducing process variability and improve process capability
- Responsible for reducing waste in all forms affecting line performance
- Makes recommendations and follows up on finding agreement for rolling out of standards
- Updates relevant information, tracking and reporting systems